© 2012 Team Mental Health Services. All Rights Reserved.
Team Mental Health Services is an provider
Team Mental Health Services
921 Howard Street
Dearborn, MI 48124
Our Southgate location is home to our skill building program, which aims to integrate consumers successfully into society by providing activities that will enhance necessary personal, social and vocational skills.
Click on the program links below for more information on that service.
Our skill building staff uses Main Street as a way to provide hands-on vocational training and coaching, as well as reinforcement of social skills, problem-solving skills and money management. Consumers working on the attainment of vocational skills operate Main Street. Main Street is also utilized and open to all consumers visiting the Southgate Clinic.
Goal Oriented Programs
- Independent Living Suite - Practice household activities in a safe, controlled environment
- GED Prep - Three days a week for two hours
People sharing similar experiences have a great deal to offer each other. Our peer support specialists mentor and assist other consumers to achieve community inclusion, participation, independence, recovery, resiliency and productivity. Peers are individuals who have a unique background and skill level from their own experience in utilizing services and supports to achieve personal goals of community membership, independence and productivity.
Peers have a special ability to gain trust and respect of other consumers based on shared experience, perspectives with disabilities, and with planning and negotiating human services systems. Peers also provide emotional and social support in a relaxed setting that is different from a mental health care provider.
Our peer support services include:
- Sharing stories of recovery
- Providing support during crisis
- Vocational and housing assistance
- Helping with support and services planning
- Partnering in the person-centered planning process
- Developing wellness plans and advanced directives
- Providing continuous guidance for advocacy and support groups
Permanent Supportive Housing Program
Team Mental Health's Permanent Supportive Housing Program is designed to assist mentally ill adults living in adult foster care homes, semi-independent living, or skill building homes to obtain and maintain independent living.
Our Permanent Supportive Housing Program provides the following services:
- Helps consumers move towards independence by moving consumers into SIL (semi-independent living) or independent living environments.
- Provides long-term housing with the necessary supportive services to help consumers learn or re-learn life and social skills necessary to maintain independence.
- Provides comprehensive case management services in conjunction with assessments, housing choice, job skills, vocational training and other supportive services.
As a part of the housing program, consumers will receive ongoing supportive services that include:
- Understanding the importance of healthy food
- Knowing what pots and pans to use in meal preparation
- How to follow a recipe to cook a great meal
- How to use transportation
Providing consumers with the Supportive Housing Program and the supportive services they need allows consumers to begin a journey of healing and transformation, enabling them to live a meaningful life in a community of their choice while striving to achieve their full potential.
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Other Main Street Amenities
Are you in need of clothing? Clothes, coats and shoes are distributed to our consumers in need.
Computer & Tech Lab
Computers are available for research, conducting employment searches, preparing resumes or other documents you may need. Computer training is provided to our consumers with limited computer knowledge. Join us and get connected today!
Exercise is good for everyone! Enjoy the benefits of our treadmills and exercise bikes.
Non-perishable food items are available to our consumers in need.
Unwind and enjoy reading a book or magazine in our cozy library.
If you desire a place of your own to call home or if you know of someone with this desire, please contact:
Trudy Williams, TMHS Housing
Team Mental Health Services offers many programs designed to help enrich the lives of our consumers.
We accept non-perishable food items and gently used clothing such as coats, hats, shirts, pants, sweaters, jeans, shoes, etc. Won’t you please donate today and help those in need?
Your generosity is greatly appreciated and helps keep our Food Pantry and Clothing Boutique programs running.
Team Mental Health Services was thrilled to announce the grand opening of Team Town on Monday, September 17th in historic Eastern Market! Team Town is a resource for Consumers who may experience crisis, difficult problems, or who may want to socialize after traditional clinic hours in a safe, secure place. This unique program—the first of its kind in Michigan—offers:
- Crisis intervention expanded beyond traditional 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. hours
- Chase banking and money management education
- Health and wellness education
- Exercise equipment and classes
- A library and reading room
- A fully-equipped apartment for life-skills training
- Special events, theme parties and more!
Peer Support Specialists Share Their Stories
To view these videos please enter tmhsvideo when prompted for a password.